St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and there’s no better time to take part and pack as much green on your plate as possible. Not only will these foods give you the vitamins and minerals your body needs, they’ll keep you energized and prepared for anything that may come your way. From a mouth watering veggie bowl to delicious pesto pasta for dinner, Krav Maga Dallas™ is serving up some powerfully plant-based recipes to help you eat nutritiously all day long!
Getting enough greens in a day can be challenging! That’s one of the reasons I love this smoothie. It’s a great way to get the nutrients of mango and ginger with all the amazing benefits of spinach—without the extreme green taste.
– 2 cups mango (fresh or frozen)
– 2 cups of spinach
– 1 inch of fresh ginger
– 1 cup of orange juice, freshly squeezed
– 1 frozen banana
– 1 cup of water
– 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
– Add all ingredients to blender. Blend until you reach your desired constancy, adding more water if needed.
– Pour into glass and enjoy!
Nourishing Green Everything Bowl
This nourishing bowl is great when made fresh, but also feel free to double the recipe and meal prep for a couple of days. This can be eaten cold or also placed back into a pan and sautéed for a warm green dish!
– 2 cups of wild rice
– Large head of curly kale, washed and de-stemmed
– 1 avocado
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 3 heads of broccolini
– 2 cups of pre-washed green beans
– 1 cup of edamame
– 2 small radishes, thinly sliced
– 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
– Cook 2 servings of wild rice per the instructions on the package. Set aside.
– Place washed and de-stemmed kale in a large bowl. – Add 1/2 the avocado and lemon juice to bowl and use both hands to massage the avocado and lemon into the kale leaves until the leaves feel tender. Tear the leaves into bite-size pieces (save the other half of the avocado for a topping on the salad).
– In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add broccolini and steam until tender. Remove from water.
– In the same pot, steam green beans, until tender. -Remove from water and set them aside with the broccolini.
– Lastly, steam the edamame for a few minutes. Now that the veggies are steamed, you are ready to build your nourishing bowl!
– Use about 2 cups of the massaged kale as a base for the bowl and build from there, adding ½ cup of cooked wild rice, a handful of the edamame, cooked green beans, and broccolini. Top with sliced radishes, remaining avocado, and sprinkle with hemp seeds. – Repeat for each bowl. Enjoy!
Creamy, vegan basil-avocado-cashew pesto for your favorite pasta dish or veggie bowl. Raw basil and garlic have been proven to act as an anti-inflammatory and immune system boosters.
– 1/4 cup raw cashews
– 2-3 cups of fresh basil leaves
– 1/2 avocado
– 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled
– ½ tbsp lemon juice
– 2 teaspoons olive oil
– 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
– Gluten-free pasta noodles (my favorite is Jovial)
– Top with homemade vegan parmesan
– 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
– Gluten-free pasta: follow the instructions on the package to cook the noodles
– Pesto: Add all the ingredients to blender or food processor. Pulse until the desired consistency is reached. Season to taste (adding more garlic, salt, etc.)
– If too thick, add a small amount of water and continue to pulse.
– Place GF Pasta in a serving bowl, topping with pesto. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Hemp Seed Date Balls
The perfect power ball to get you through a workout or for an afternoon snack. Hemp seeds contain amino acids and are considered a complete protein. They are also a great source of good fats and fiber!
– 1 cup of raw almonds
– 20 pitted dates
– 3 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
– 2 tablespoons of almond butter
– 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
– 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
– 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
– 2 tablespoons of water
– Pinch of pink salt
– Dash of cinnamon
– 1/3 cup of shredded coconut
– 1/3 cup of hemp seeds
– In a food processor, place a cup of raw almonds and blend until it becomes a loose meal.
– Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and blend until it is mixed well.
– Take 1 tablespoon of the mixture out and roll into a ball with your hands, place shredded coconut in a bowl and hemp seeds in another.
– Roll the ball to cover the outside in the coconut or the hemp seeds and alternate this process until the mixture is gone.
– Place balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one hour to set. Enjoy!
Fueled Up! Now What?
Endurance plays an immense role in Krav Maga training so it’s even more reason to fuel yourself with foods that will keep you in the fight! Krav Maga Dallas dedicated to providing our students with the best self-defense training and preparing them mentally and physically to win a fight. If you haven’t already taken the opportunity, check out our top-rated fitness classes: KravFit, KravYoga and Core Dynamics! These classes are designed to make you faster, stronger and safer.
Originally posted and edited from Mindbody